[Best viewed with Chrome]

Monday, February 9, 2015

Would You Sell Your Wedding Dress?


Today a co-worker of mine brought up the idea of selling your wedding dress after you are married.

The thought had crossed my mind after my wedding. After so many expenses that go into the wedding, I had thought about selling my wedding dress to offset some of those wedding costs. In a wedding there is a cake, there is food, a dj, and flowers - but after the wedding all you are left with are the photos, the memories and the dress.

I will confess I posted my wedding dress on eBay and Craigslist but I'm pretty sure I priced it way too high for a used wedding dress. For me, it was worth at least that much since it is the dress that I got married in and it means a lot. But then I took down my listings because I couldn't go through with it.

It's one of those sentimental items. I know it's just sitting there in its box in my closet. And I actually have two dresses (a white wedding dress and a red Indian dress).

I sell a lot of clothes and different items I don't use on eBay and don't have an attachment to them. I've sold an old iPod, my phone, various clothes and purses over the years. Even my friends say how does my home feel so light (and not cluttered), and its because I get rid of things often. I don't like being overly sentimental about things, but I guess I cannot part with this wedding dress at this time.

It's the dress I married my sweetheart in and it was one of the happiest moments of my life. A dream come true for me. I am sentimental about people and experiences, but I want to insist I am not sentimental about things, except when it comes to my marriage day. Maybe someday I will be able to sell the dress, but for right now it will keep taking up extra space in my closet.

What do you think? Would you sell your wedding dress?

No comments:

Post a Comment