[Best viewed with Chrome]

Thursday, October 3, 2013

5 Things I'm Thankful For


I found this quote on Pinterest about a year ago, and it has really stuck with me the past year. Whenever I am feeling down or depressed, I try to focus on all the positives in my life. I also think people tend to compare themselves to others, and get caught up in thinking that the "grass is greener on the other side", but that is just so short-sighted. We each have our UNIQUE, individual stories to tell and we all have our struggles and challenges. But holding onto the negative thoughts only weighs you down. I try to let myself learn from mistakes and not dwell on negativity. "It happened, get over it." There is so much more to be thankful for in life and there is no reason to hold on to stress or things that are beyond your control.

Here are the things that I would like to thank God for today:

1. My husband - who is patient and kind with me even though I can be a crazy, emotional wreck sometimes. And his heart for being so pure and transparent.

2. My family - they are crazy, there is always drama, but they keep things interesting and are my rock.

3. Teddy - if you are in a bad mood, I guarantee that a short cuddle session with my puppy will solve all your problems.

4. A roof above my head, clean water, and food in my belly - Yep, I had to go there. It's hard to imagine that nearly 800 million people do not have access to clean water, and it is something that most of us take for granted everyday.

5. Health - I have had some minor injuries over my life, and when one body part is hurt, it is all you can think about. I am so thankful that I have my health and my family's health as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment