[Best viewed with Chrome]

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Cardio Barre: My Review & Experience

Cardio Barre
So I have been taking Cardio Barre classes on and off for almost a year now, and I am still pretty addicted to it. I thought I would do a review about it for anyone considering taking a barre class like this.

Cardio Barre is a full body one-hour workout at a "ballet" bar. If you have never taken a ballet class, don't worry because it is not really a "dance" class. It is more of a "cardio, mixed with weights" class. A typical class starts off by stretching, and warming up your muscles at the bar. Then, we usually go into Plié and squat-like moves that work on toning your calves and thighs. After that, we may get into the cardio part of the workout which I would almost describe as a Jane Fonda-like aerobics workout -- we do torso twists, and we do kicks as if we were the Rockettes (all of this to upbeat music like Justin Timberlake or Flo Rida). We go back to the bar, and then we start the leg workouts which are for me, the hardest part. While holding onto the bar with both hands, we do different variations of leg lifts and these cause your thigh and glute muscles to buuurnn! Afterwards, we do floor exercises on a towl such as ab crunches, and other workouts designed to tone your butt and thighs (e.g. donkey kicks, thigh lifts, etc.). Before you know it, the class is over!

I love these classes because I feel like this is a great workout for women. I've tried Crossfit before, and I run in the gym sometimes. Crossfit wasn't for me because it was too focused on the upper-body, and muscle building. For me, I want to have a more feminine shape, while maintaining a low body weight. Cardio Barre allows that because its goal is to tone your body, not to beef up your arms and legs. It also incorporates ballet and dance moves which are more graceful, feminine. This is more my style - and just because it's "girly" doesn't mean it is easy. After your first class, your thighs will burn the next day I promise you!

I don't think any one workout is perfect, and it's good to mix up your exercises every so often. If you happen to come across any of the many Living Social or Groupon deals for these Cardio Barre classes, I recommend you give it a try!

2 comments:

  1. Magnificent website. A lot of useful info here.
    I am sending it to several buddies ans also sharing
    in delicious. And naturally, thanks in your effort!

    Here is my page :: diet plans that work fast

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love exercises with barres, I think it is a very good way to get fit! :D I also recommend to give a try!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete