[Best viewed with Chrome]

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Geology Field Trip to the Angeles Forest

Devil's Punch Bowl
Last weekend, I tagged along with Rickard's college geology class for a field trip to the Angeles National Forest. We went to several landmarks that I wasn't even aware of until this trip to the San Gabriel Valley (and beyond).

While the class talked about different types of rocks and rock formations, I couldn't help but pick up a few interesting facts here and there. For example, did you know that you can find rocks in the Angeles Forest that are VERY similar to the rocks on the moon? Also, did you know that there are some rocks that are magnetic?

It was pretty cool, and I'm pretty happy to see teachers taking college students on these types of trips on off-hours. Makes me want to go back to school and keep learning. :)

Owl @ Devil's Punch Bowl
Tujunga Canyon Dam
Rickard and Teddy (far left) at Vasquez Rocks

No comments:

Post a Comment