[Best viewed with Chrome]

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Paris {Day 2}

Me @ Trocadero -- arguably the best view of the Eiffel Tower
So the second day of Paris was just totally jam packed! I promise you that I have something like 100 pictures of the Eiffel Tower alone, but I will spare you and not post all of those pictures!

There is really something about the Eiffel Tower, isn't there? That  je ne sais quoi. When Rickard and I stepped out of the Metro and followed the crowd to this view here -- we were in total awe. To be at one of the most famous landmarks (if not THE most famous) and looking at a structure recognized throughout the world --  we felt totally blessed. It was definitely one of the highlights of my life...and I was so happy to be sharing that moment with my husband.

Rickard and I didn't technically have a honeymoon for many different reasons, but Paris definitely felt like a belated one. I said it in my last post, and I will say it again -- it lives up to every cliche in the book. Romantic, dreamy, beautiful...take me away again please!

Le Eiffel
 


We saw this good-looking couple doing their wedding shoot at the Carousel right near the Eiffel Tower. How romantic! We saw another bride and groom couple too later in the evening! I can't imagine how many people must get engaged or married here everyday.





 


We started the second day off by grabbing breakfast at a nearby cafe and doing a little food shopping. The French take their breads very seriously... and I wish wish we had all these bread and cheese options here in the States! Nom...

Macarons in bed
Breakfast

After we ate and got all the goodies we wanted for the day, we headed out to check out the Musee d'Orsay.

@ Musee D'Orsay -- though you are technically not allowed to take pictures there!

Musee d'Orsay
Musee d'Orsay
We had heard that Musee d'Orsay is much better if you are short on time than the Louvre since the Louvre is toooo huge! For me, d'Orsay was pretty big too, but I am glad we got a chance to check it out. I had goosebumps when I saw Van Gogh's Bedroom in Arles...so much history in this beautiful city.

After that, we hopped on the metro and headed to the Opera house.

Palais Garnier - Opera House
Opéra de Paris
The view from Opéra de Paris

 Beautiful ornate decor inside.

...and then of course we decided to go back to the Eiffel Tower in the evening... and I am really glad we did because we got to see the Eiffel Tower sparkle at the start of every hour. We spent the rest of the evening there, laying out in the lawn and enjoying our last day there.


 Paris @ Night

Flight on the way back home --- can you spot the Eiffel Tower? (Hint: Bottom Right)

No comments:

Post a Comment