[Best viewed with Chrome]

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Another DIY Project - Custom Prints for the Home


(My DIY project hanging on my wall)

I have been loving these geography + hearts prints I've been seeing pop up all over Etsy. Some of these go upward of $50 and I didn't want to spend that much on just one piece of paper, so I had myself a little DIY project. I framed and made these two prints by myself. I am quite happy with how it turned out. Better yet, it only cost me under $17 for both prints AND both frames!

Here is how I did it:
* Photoshop --  I took a random map I found on Google Images and edited to make it look how I wanted. I added my dotted hearts line from LA to Sweden.
* Clip Art -- I was able to find the bicycle image online, and re-colored it.
* http://dafont.com - For free font downloads!
* Michaels - I was able to find two white frames at Michaels for just $7 each. I also scored two nice scrapbook textured paper for just $.59.
* Staples - $.85 for an excellent print job on both images!

Under $17 total! And I am really happy with how it turned out. Since I made it myself, the prints have more meaning and are more personal to me.

They hang beautifully in my dining area now. :)


1 comment:

  1. They look great and costs less! I really love the second frame, the one with the hearts.

    ReplyDelete